View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 01:41 PM

Default QQ and calling down

I just read GT123's very interesting discussion of his QQ hand, and I had kind of a tough QQ hand myself last night.

The table had been very passive (I was planning on leaving it soon) when this hand came up. MP1 had just sat down, so I had no read at all on him. UTG+1 had been very passive, I don't think he PFR'd once the whole session, so his limp-cap really stood out to me.

I'll probably take some heat for not 3-betting the flop, but I thought it was very likely I was up against AA, KK, or JJ.

So what's your move after the flop is capped? The pot is already HUGE, but calling down could get very expensive. I don't think getting into a raising war is doing anything at this point. But I think I have too much here to fold. What's your line? And what do you do if the turn is another blank?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero ????