View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: What\'s the best option here?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't openlimp with KJo. Weather this means you should openraise or openfold is something you have to decide.

I trust that SSH says to limp KJo in EP. But this would be behind another limper. I'm sure if you read on you'll find where Miller says that if you are first in, you should tend to raise.

If you open this pot PF, you'll want to open for a raise. By doing this, you are trying to take the hand against as few opponents as possible. If it is likely that everyone will just call your raise & you'll get 4 or 5 opponents, it would probably be best to just not play at all from this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting. i don't have the book in front of me, so i'm not sure what EXACTLY it says, but my thoughts:

if your table is loose passive, seems raising would more often than not get you in more trouble than limping with most opponents discussed in SSH calling with all kinds of junk.

but because you have so many opponents along for the ride (typically), that's why you'd limp. and this is assuming you have better postflop play than the majority of opponents you face.

tighter table: yes, raise or fold because you'll get fewer hands and i don't think KJo does well in multiway pot with good postflop players.