View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 12:39 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default here\'s where I get lost in the discussion

I don't listen to any of these. No biggie. Not my taste. However,

[ QUOTE ]
Let me put it this way, I will never go for music by rich, professional musicians more than hungry young kids who are in it for their love of the art form.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may or may not be relevant to you, but I think it's relevant in the thread. What does it matter as long as it's a good song? Even if it's mainstream, if it's good, it's good. Being mainstream doesn't taint it. It shouldn't. If one of these bands all of a sudden make it to mainstream does that make them instantly suck along with their whole catalog? I know people who think this way, especially here in seattle in the early/mid 90s. It was rampant and it boggles my mind to think of judging music based on the liner notes or air play and completely disregard the song itself. That's not what I listen to music for. I could care less who makes it. In my judgement of a tune, being mainstream doesn't even enter the equation other than I may have heard it somewhere.

[ QUOTE ]
Same reason I'll wander Chinatown all night looking for good noodles instead of going to McDonalds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree here...

[ QUOTE ]
Most mass produced sh** just blows

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because it's mass produced or because you really don't like the taste of it? Minus the health issue if if pertaining to food.

b