View Single Post
Old 02-22-2003, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Can someone explain to me the phrase \"God bless America\"

Well Iīm afraid the problem with smoking wonīt be solved pretty soon. You can compare it to the gun-lovers in the USA. We have just as many smoke-lovers here. And unfortunatly I canīt see any light at the end of the tunnel.

But it honestly isnīt that big a problem in the restaurants. I hate smoke, but Iīve never felt any annoyance while dining. Even here people donīt use to smoke while dining, so thatīs not that bad. But it sure is a problem while playing poker. A big problem. I usually handle it the way that I try to place myself between 2 nonsmokers. And because of the aircontition some seats are better than others. In tourneys, this doesnīt help of course.

What Iīve recoginized in the last time is that the smokers arenīt that ignorant to nonsmokers anymore. They still smoke, but at least they put the ashrey behind. Although smokers in Las Vegas are still more considerate than the smoking players in europe.

Anyway, I still can strongly recommend you to visit Vienna for a pokertrip for several reasons: Very bad players, good games, wonderful city for sightseeing, and if you win something in tourneys itīs completly taxfree. Ainīt that bad :-)

Regards

Martin Aigner