View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 11:18 AM

Default 2 4 offsuit, going for the stack.

I've been ultra aggressive last few orbits (raised half the pots and shown lots of bluffs) and have ¬1200 behind villian has me covered and is a good player. I'm looking for an opportunity to get his stack. This is from memory I cant remember the suits exactly apart from the hearts.

Hero is SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

2 folds, Villian calls, 4 folds, Hero raises to 30, BB folds, Villian calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villian (thinks for a bit) bets 50, Hero calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets 130, Villian raises to 320, Hero?

My thoughts: I had a decision on the flop because if I led out and he was slowplaying he'll raise enough Id have to fold (e.g. if I called, and he had KK, 4 of my outs would kill the action, leaving me just 4 big outs), so I elected to check-call. Downside with check-calling is if the A or 6 does hit I'll have to pull a stop and go. I dont think he can put me on 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] because he'd expect me to bet that on the flop, so he probably wont see a heart as a scare card on the river, but of course he could the nut draw himself.

Push? Call-Push? Call-check-raise? Why?