View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 10:57 AM

Default Re: Me vs Scotty Nguyen

My thoughts on the play. First, I think either he has an uncanny ability to read these situations and fold (he did make some huge laydowns earlier), I misread the boards and he had two-pair in which case we could argue he might have folded with a mere pair and I just made the move at the wrong time, or he is vulnerable to this play when I have a big hand.

Consider this. Next time I play Scotty heads up, if the board comes this way and but I have KQ. I am still going to check the flop. I am still going to make a decent bet on the turn. And, I am still going to move in on the river. And, unless I have a tell that I don't know about, he is still going to call with his one pair and I will double up.

Also, I think one person said just shove pre-flop. I think that's a different play. The difference is that Scotty had already donated over 2000 to the pot. There was serious money there to take and while I was not short stacked, I needed to accumulate chips. It was 30 minutes into the round and I felt it was time to grow my chips. Now, maybe Scotty is the wrong guy, period, to try to take chips from if you saw the WPT season three where he called Johnny Juanda's all in with something like A8? Maybe he just won't fold big moves on principle.