View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: I\'m really really sorry (a confession)

[ QUOTE ]
This is going to sounds weird maybe, but have you thought about multi-tabling? I'm developing a theory that my play has gotten better as I've added more tables - I don't have time to talk myself into dumb moves. Most of the time I only have time to glance at the table, make a snap decision, and move on. It hasn't completely eliminated dumb moves, and obviously in some instance I probably make worse decisions under pressure, but overall I feel better about not doing dumb stuff. Maybe different people are different, but it might be worth a go. I find boredom (ie singe tabling) leads me to do stupid stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think multitabling is a good idea for soemone with self-admitted leaks in their game...if you cant find your discipline playing one, its not gonna come with 2 or more.

Ive played +2000 SNGs and still single table trying to play perfect poker on that one table.

Those plays above arent the worst...especially the second. I still lose early sometimes on TPTK when my gut is telling me this guy is a donkey and then, I turn out to be the donkey. I wouldnt be so hard on yourself. That play, although lost you $, reinforced the fact that you should listen to your instincts (I am beat here) and also tells you to wait bc there will be better opportunites later.

Welcome to your first swing...its no big deal, there'll be more.