View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Was this a bad play?

[ QUOTE ]
Why bother asking this question. You got your opponent in for all his chips as a 4:1 dog. What more are you looking for?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I was asking:

[ QUOTE ]
Was it a bad move to put so many chips at stake at this point...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that I had >30% of chips on the table, and everyone else was horrible, should I have taken it a little easier and let them pick each other off? I know I could have got people to get their money in the pot in clearer cut situations later on. I didn't mean it as a bad beat story; it was a fairly standard bad beat, nothing out of the ordinary. The outcome was irrelevant - I guess I wanted to know if pushing with KK in this situation in this type of weak game was a good move or not - my question was strictly about survival and protecting my stack, not was I a favorite. I've heard people talk about laying down AA pre-flop on the bubble just to avoid being outdrawn, so I was asking if anyone thought I should have played this differently.

Geez you guys can be vultures - if you don't like the question, or have any value to add to the conversation, then simply don't reply - it's just annoying to get an attitude online. Do you guys always talk to people like this? If so, good luck to you in life. Trainwreck and fnord_too - thank you for your real, actual insight - in hindsight, fnord, that's how I would play it next time (but the flop did have an A as I recall). Oh well.