View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 01:24 AM

Default MLB 4/12 - A lot to discuss

I really wanted to bet the A's heavily this year, but apparently the sports books are on the ball already. Thoughts on Oakland (Haren) -145 vs Toronto (Towers)? I'm not certain there is value in this game (most definitely no value on the Toronto side of things at +125). I was hoping for a line closer to -135, hopefully the public will bet the Jays for some reason so the line moves. Right now I'm leaning towards staying away from this one.

I like Baltimore (Cabrera) -105 at Tampa Bay (Kazmir) due to the ridiculous lineup discrepancy and Kazmir's unpolished makeup. I know, I know, Kazmir has all kinds of upside, but will the kid be able to handle Mora, Tejada, Sosa, Lopez, and friends? Baltimore should crush lefties, right?

Anyone taking Chicago (Prior) -105 vs San Diego (Peavy)? I have plans to stay away due to blatantly obvious reasons, but I can be convinced otherwise.

To be honest, I don't see much value in tomorrow's games other than betting Baltimore, and even that game is questionable. The money line for the Angels (Lackey) is currently even at Texas (Young) which could have some value. What is everyone else thinking?