View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: 88...could be boring. Looking for input from n00bs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They could show me the straight and i still would call.

They could show me the straight and i still would reraise. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

A classic one-up from shill..NH.

Anyways, I got so excited about the flopped set, that I did not take into consideration the coordination of the board when I was making my flop decision. I think that betting and 3-betting here is the way to go.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (13.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, Button folds.

River: (16.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero...??</font>

The turn is kind of uninteresting here. What should I do on the river?? It just completed a very likely draw and the pot is friggin huge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop looks good, turn looks good. Wow, really crappy river.
I can't see what would call that you beat, except maybe two-pair. I say, check it. If its one bet back to you, make the crying call. If it gets bet and raised again, I think it's a safe fold.