Thread: Collusion?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Reply

[ QUOTE ]
I had something like this happen over at UB. I was short-stacked on the bubble, and decided to make a move. I went all-in preflop, and a guy that had me covered went into the tank. While all this was going on, a guy not in the hand began pushing the other player to "call and bust me." Of course he called, and he busted me. I wasn't at all angry about busting out of the tournament with that hand, but angry that this jackass was urging the other player to make a call. The conversation went like this after the hand (almost verbatim):

<jackass> I told you he was bluffing.
<player> Yeah, thanks for giving me a little nudge in the right direction.

Suffice to say, I immediately reported this to UB. They sent me an automated email back saying that they'd look into it, but I haven't heard an answer since. So if you see a guy by the name of "pktbookbrando" lurking the kiddie tables, smack him around a little. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless your opponent had significant pot odds to call here and didn't undertsand, there really is nothing wrong with saying call. It's more of a hope so he KO's you than a read. But if he were to say something like "you have to call that" when the thinker is getting 3-1 on the call, that is collusion.