View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Socializing and Meeting New People

great post. this gives me alot to think about quite frankly.

im pretty anti-social to be quite honest. i hate meeting new people and i am more entertained being by myself than with someone i dont know, except that its quite obvious i need friends in order to hang out at places without being the alone dude.

conversations bore me, because most people are thoughtless. they like to talk about sports or hot chicks in monkey fashion. im not entertained when a dude points out a really hot chick and likes to talk about his past experiences with women or whatever. yah she may be really hot and i might want to bang her, but i dont feel the need to share it with some other guy.

my point is, im far more interested in holding an intelligent conversation in which i have the potential to learn something, or find something out about myself than discussing small talk. most people are not interested in having profound conversations, and therefore its hard for me to meet people.

i would much rather go over to a friends house and play chess for a couple of hours than to go out and play some pool if you exclude potential getting laid factor. getting out of the house is important, but i enjoy participating in things that are likely to mentally stimulate me.

call me weird and a mega-nerd, but thats who i am.

thanks pguk. my outlook on socializing is pretty -ev if you equate it to poker terminology.