View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

Just caught up with this thread, wish you had waited a little longer for results. I think you made a very good play and gained a bet in a situation where a lot of players allow the scary board to prevent them from thinking about what their opponent has - aprticularly in this case where he is very tight and his hands can be limited to a pretty narrow range. I suppose ther eis some narrow chance he has somethihngn like 88 and and just threw a bet at it and forgot to fold to your raise, but the turn eliminates those possibilites.

His play screams AJo from the very beginning. Once he leads the flop AJo or A10s would be the first thoughts since I think he would have raised any otehr A's he would play or anything that made a set. KQo is a stretch as even if he would bet that an 11% vpi is not playing KQo UTG (and figure he raises KQs) UTG.

The check raise on the turn w/o a cap reinforces the same two hands. What else can he have there, and is there anyway a K is part of his hand? AK clearly is raised preflop.

River then plays itself if there is no way to have a K. I think this is a clear case where you can put a very tight opponent on a specif hand or two. You used that information to gain a big bet. Good job. Also, on party 15/30 if that is where this was, I have not run into many opponents that fold the two pair here as everyone is afraid of being bluffed off on the river.