View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 01:05 AM

Default Re: Some specialized draw plays

1) no joker correct? best play to try and get a call now is discard one of your aces and bet after draw.

My question for you. why would you limp in this situation? this is open or fold correct? someone could very likely make it 3 bets after you and then you could cap it(if you are expecting them to raise for you anyways). at least you should get one call and as long as it is not the button you still have option to make the same play depending on cards that they draw. playing it the way you did seems like a <font color="red"> negative ev </font> <font color="black"> </font> play to me.

2) seems like there are 2 options for this one.
You can discard the 54 and draw 2 (i would bet after draw no matter what, if checked to me) or you can rap pat and show it down.

3) feels a lot like #2. you could hold AAKQ but, there isn't much point (only if he drew 2) if you knew he would only call with AA or better (have to define solid player) and check it down. you could also hold only AAK and then play it like #2 (more action, but will have higher variance) if this solid player will call you with other than AA then you should draw 3 and try to improve and raise if he improves also. if you know this solid player will bet out unimproved after the draw often then one of the first 2 options would be best. you could even draw 3 and and try to induce a bluff from KK or worse.

4) draw 2 to the flush(hopefully) wouldn't want to draw to a straight here but, still better than trying to fill.

5) would have preferred to be in bb but, i would probably raise with 99 or better(depending on propensity of bb to call) about 1/2 the time one of them will have a pair and about 1/2 of those times they will have a pair bigger than 99. so 1.5 bets to pick up 2.5 hope full half of the time, go for it.

6) with str8 flush draw and getting this many players to call you should raise every single time you are getting correct pot odds with a 12 way draw (will make complete hand 1 time in 4) and 3 callers. It is only gravy with a 15 way draw (will make your hand 1 time in 3). these are fairly rare hands that will also give you a wilder [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]image at the table if you jam with them.

7) since your oppenent is not totally hopeless i would prefer to have a Q or K high flush to raise, correct answer is probably J high but, since i am worried about the reraise i prefer to kick it up a notch [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]