View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Some specialized draw plays

1) Open limping makes me feel sick. I'd probably discard 1 ace, limping and drawing 2 looks more conspicuous. If I raised I would draw 1 or 2 depending on other factors (If it gets capped I stand pat even if they draw 3).

2-3) I'd keep the K both times. Wiesenberg discussed a hand in CP where he kept both K and Q (the "homework"?), but in that case his opponent drew 2 not 3.

4) Draw 3 to the full

5) I think my mininum would be TT-88 depending on how tight BB is.

6) 12 outs you're winning your fair share with only 3 opponents, but it's pretty thin. The possibility of opponents dropping and maybe even rake suggests against jamming.
With 15 you'll hit almost a third of the time, so jamming 3 opponents looks better. If you can bluff after the draw raising only 2 players looks good.

7) If they will bet any pat hand oblivious to you I'd raise a medium flush or better. Otherwise I'd need to have some idea of their betting requirements. I'm not sure, but I'll guess that the minimum raising hand against an optimal player who value bets correctly is an A or maybe K high flush. Note there are a few rocks in these games who won't bet without a full.

Disclaimer- I'm not quite comfortable answering a draw quiz where your opponents' strategies and your table image aren't discussed. Although I can understand how these small factors become less important when you play an absurd amount of tables. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]