View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Hello, Hi and How are ya! (and one hand for review)

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes it pays to advertise. My reputation definitely proceeds me as a tight vs. loose player. I have no fear when I am up to making some loose calls or leading with sone loose raises to change it up. Bottom line: If you play mechanical noone will ever bet into you unless they have no freaking clue. When you play 40-50 hours a week like I do, people start to read you and understand what you have no matter how many tables you switch too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, well, I think you overestimate how much people read you playing this many hours a week. I think you underestimate the problems playing too loosely can cause you. But whatever...

Don't ever describe a hand as "fit or fold." What does that even mean, when it comes down to it.

I think the preflop call, both times, is REALLY marginal, not horrible, but I wouldn't make it unless that BB was passive AND played too many mands. His 3-bet here and the cap leaves you drawing thin, against only four opponents. Likewise I'm not that crazy about your flop cap. You don't have much of an edge at all once there's a fold, and there's been so much aggression I don't think you gain much of anything by becoming aggressive here.

And if your responses are generally going to be, "yeah, but i'm comfortable playing loosely" then why are you posting this hand?