Thread: Kerry Wood
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Kerry Wood

Score 2 to 2 in the seventh he's the last guy in the world you want out there. Besides by the 7th he probably already throws 120 pitches. He does have gem potntial and no hitter kinda stuff. But if the cubbies don't give him a lead he heads south. Last years SI season preview coverboy went 8-9. His best ever year was 14 wins. He is always among the leaders in K's and era but when it comes to notching the W's he is nowhere to be found because when the game is on the line he is out to lunch.

Disclaimer - As a Chicagoan and diehard WhiteSox fan I loathe, despise and detest the Cubs and anything affilated with them [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I try my best not to let this cloud any analysis of either Chicago team. In fact I will bet on the Cubs despite my despising them when I feel the price is right. The price is almost always wrong though due to a strong national following and all the lovable loser underdog crap.

Line has moved pretty good since this morning away from Wood to a fairer number. I guess you gotta jump on those bargains when you can [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]