View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Re: 2 mid PP in the blinds vs steal attempt.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: You have to at least call here. You are getting 4.5:1 and likely have the best hand. If you called and only played it if you flop a set or some other favorable flop such as all undercards of only one overcard you could play this hand profitably.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 IMO you need to do whatever you can to knock out the button and get it heads up with the SB and position. If you think he will fold if you cap preflop I would cap it, if not I would call and raise a great majority of the flops assuming a probable lead by the sb. I definitely don't like folding given your description of the sb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't like the decision I made here. I felt that if I played it, I needed to cap, and didn't feel right about capping 88. Oddly enough, my initial reaction was to cap, but after thinking about it for a couple seconds, I chickened out.

I don't think that calling even crossed my mind here. I don't see how I'm getting 4.5:1. Button raised, SB 3-bet. If the button just calls here, I'm getting 7:2 or 3.5:1 (not good enough to spike set). If button caps (which is quite possible), I'm getting 9:3 or 3:1.