Thread: valuebet this?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 07:19 AM

Default Re: valuebet this?

I am folding this pf, with a couple of limpers QTo can't figure to be very good even on the button. But if the fold button wasn't working, I might raise it half the time and limp the other half (depending on whether I thought the blinds might fold to a raise).

The flop and turn play is fine, but on the river I would certainly check behind.

The last card out is an overcard to your pair, it completes a 4 straight and a flush. If UTG was chasing a straight, the A and 5 wille have made him either two pair or a straight.

If he was chasing with overcards the ace will often have made him top pair.

And if the last card didn't him it will scare him and make him less likely to call with a bad hand.

The value of betting contains two components, the cost that you incur when he's made a better hand than you and either check-raises or just calls and the income you gain when he
calls your bet with a worse hand than your own. While the cost side of the equation might not have changed that much with the last card I think the income side went down considerably.

If he did check-raise the river I would almost certainly fold it unless I had a solid read.