View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Pocket QQs vs A 10 s.

[ QUOTE ]
My opponent has a mouse icon, but i didnt know that until now. My question though is should I have raised when the second 9 flopped on the turn?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really surprised at the responses. First, I don't like the LRR. Just raise. If it's a tight table, that's reason to raise MORE, not less.

I don't like the flop check-raise, and I especially don't like it after the LRR. There's no reason think he's going to bet that flop for you.

But since you ended up in this mess, check-call the turn and river.

From what you've given, I'm not folding this hand. Telling me that he has a "mouse" icon isn't enough for me to lay down an overpair heads up. Is it a 20 hand stat? A 200 hand stat? It makes a huge difference. Tell me that you haven't seen him raise preflop in the last 80 hands. Tell me that he hasn't raised a scary flop without something strong. Give me a real read, and maybe you'll get a different response.