Thread: 24 h poker
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: 24 h poker

They accept Americans with no problem. You will play in euros rather than dollars, but you can deposit/withdraw with standard methods like Neteller. The max rake is 2.50 Euros and if you are playing small stakes you won't hit that. Bonuses aren't easy to clear; they have "VIP" points for playing that you can use for tourneys.

I like the site because I'm a big fan of draw. They always have several pot-limit draw cash games going and also are the only site currently offering draw tournaments. I've also played some omaha/8 tournaments there. The players in the small-stakes draw and omaha/8 multi-table tournaments are horrible and I've had several wins there. Many of the tourneys are rebuys and the 24h players tend to not utilize rebuys effectively. The tournaments are structured to end quickly-blinds increase very fast and most tourneys will be over in less than 3 hours.

I haven't played any holdem there, but there seems to be a fair number of NL ring games going. Not a lot of limit holdem action. There's also action in PLO, soko (fun to dabble in), and occasionally pot-limit stud or PLO8, which I've never tried. The limit omaha/8, stud/8, and 2-7 triple draw tables get virtually no action.

The site is busiest during the European evening/American afternoon with ~2000 players and table selection/tournament availability is best at this time. This will drop off to a few hundred by the late evening in North America.