View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Blind Defense vs. 2+2\'er

Couple of things.

First. Bob didnt mention that im the 2+2er. That should further confuse the issue.

Second. Bob has an absolute monster, and i had to get either very lucky on the flop or he had to be very unlucky preflop to lose this hand. He should be focusing on how to extract maximum value from a player who is both terribly aggressive on one hand, but can also make laydowns on the other.

3. A range of hands for me is really very wide. At this point, there are a ton of hands i can be playing. The important thing is bob crushes the vast magority of them. Conversely, bobs range of hands is fairly wide here as well, although since most of the 3/6 tags arent as crazy as i am, his range is slightly narrower, especially since he has made more statements about his hand at this point.

4. Most importantly, this is HU play vs two knowledgable, skilled TAGs. We are thinking alot, and trying to anticipate the others anticipations.

For what its worth, i think a call and turn checkraise is clearly the best play. Im a known aggressive that has raised twice, and its very unlikely given my play style that im not either going to be value betting or semi-bluffing the turn. I might check the river through with some of my more marginal holdings, but rarely the turn.

peace

john nickle