View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Paul Phillips, $2-5 Mirage

[ QUOTE ]
yes, you should treat him better because he provides you a huge net benefit by thinking about the game and sharing it with you for free. that is, you should treat him the way you'd treat a teacher in a school, not the way you'd treat someone in a relationship of equals--and for the same reason, i.e., respect for their greater stature (assuming you treat teachers with more deference for reasons beyond their ability to give you a bad grade)

[/ QUOTE ]

if you think PP is going to come here and give free advice to thousands of anonymous posters about their game that is worth a crap, you are silly. his business is winning money in poker games. he must maintain an edge to maintain his income.

as for those complaining of his rudeness, i would expect nothing less from a professional poker player. i play against pros all the time(though none that any of you have heard of), and none are what i would call friendly or "bubbly". in fact, a fistfight is not unheard of, and firearms are constantly present. the f-you's, and c-suckers go in one ear and out the other.

i play regularly in just one "friendly game", and, quite frankly i tend to bore of it quite quickly.

cheers!