View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 05:39 AM

Default Re: Tougher game? Party $3/6 full vs. Party $5/10 6-max

I think you are underestimating the skills of a decent $3-6 LHE player..decent being someone making 2.25/2.50 bb/100 or better.$3-6 with it's tight blind structure forces you to play well in the blinds and to steal liberally..if you dont steal in $3-6 chances are you will have difficulty making decent money..there are tons of rocks at this limit who cant play well past the flop thu...they cant lay a hand down or just lack reading skills but the good $3-6 players 3-4 dozen I would guess know that you have to play back every once in a while to mix it up..these players in general are very aggressive.

My guess is the reason the best $3-6 LHE full players dont play higher is that they dont like the swinginess of $5-10 6MAX.The best players making 2.75/+ bb/100 may just be content to grind out good money with small swings.

My goal is to be playing 2000 hands a day of $15-30 full before mid-year...but I said that 6 months ago so I'm a slow study..but I'm in no hurry..I am concerned that by the time I get to that limit the games will be much tougher since all these games eventually will tighten..

I dont have any personal experience moving from a mid limit 6MAX game into $15-30 Full just what I've read in HUSH over last couple years.Traversing casually between LHE Full and LHE 6MAX and vice versa can be dangerous to your BR if you can't wind it down or wind it up ...