View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: *Fraud Warning* Switching from AT&T to Cingular

[ QUOTE ]
Nepa is right that they are the same company, but operating as two different ones in many ways. I also am trying to switch over to Cingular from ATT and it sucks hardcore. I've been loyal with ATT for 7 years now so my plan kicks all of your plans in the ass. Every time my contract was going to expire theyd give me more anytime minutes or some other added bonus for signing another year contract. Currently I pay $29.99 for a nationwide plan, unlimited night and weekends after 7PM and 800 anytime minutes. They want me to switch over and pay at least $39.99 and get several hundred minutes less (this in addition to all the stuff Nepa said).

[/ QUOTE ]

Until I quit a month ago for poker I worked for ATT Wireless and went through the merger to Cingular and all of this is true. ATT was really into keeping customers by giving them extra mins on existing plans but Cingular has no way to do this. If you are a customer who has received these bonus mins it is not a good idea to switch to a Cingular plan as they have no way to match the mins you had on ATT. There is no way they can do it so please do not yell at the poor customer service rep you get, it is not possible.

At this point, they are not forcing people to switch, other then not selling you a new ATT phone if you break yours and not offering any good new plans on the ATT side.

If anyone has anymore questions, please ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability.