View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: first hand post.. ATs in big blind

Don't take this as anything but constructive criticism but you played this hand like a calling station. You are going to allow people with weak draws to hang around and out draw you playing like this. You need to get in the driver seat. Bet the flop, bet the turn - you will be suprised what your weak/tight opponents will do.

As a side - I played very passively when I first started and it wasn't until I started playing at a card club that I started to realize what aggressive play will do. This is because at a live club your opponents will often give you information that you don't get on-line. I can't tell you how many times someone has told me that they folded top pair with a weak kicker to my middle pair raise.

Playing aggressively gets you pots you normally wouldn't pick up and it gets you action on your nut hands as your opponents start to call you down with weaker hands. Take the plunge and get aggressive (although not reckless). I had to read SSH about 5 times before I started going in for the kill.