View Single Post
Old 02-14-2003, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Survivor: The Amazon - thoughts on the premiere

Here's my take:

1. The guys are idiots. They couldn't do a puzzle or walk across a balance beam. Now of course, a balance beam favors the women since their feet are smaller, but still the men just stunk.

2. The women's team will fall apart. Within 4 or 5 days they will be destroyed by infighting and fatigue. They simply are not handling the elements as well as the men. There are 2 or 3 of them who might be able to survive in the jungle, but most were falling apart physically on the first day! They weren't able to make a shelter and they were acting like stereotypical women which is not what they want to do. Rallying around that stupid little fish was proof they have no clue. Anyone with a clue would have used it for bait. Sure they feel all proud now because they won the challenge but did you see them trying to kill the spider? Seriously, 3 or 4 will have mental breakdowns pretty quickly. Look at Real World Road Rules Challenge Battle of the Sexes. The women did well at first, but have fallen apart. They can't get along or work together while the men are doing great.

3. Why can't anyone fish? That always pisses me off on every Survivor. I mean we're not talking about world records here, they just need to pick up a few panfish!

4. I liked the 90 min episode too but I still don't know who anyone is.

5. The women really didn't look that good. Maybe it was the lighting or something. Regardless, it's going to be hard for anyone to beat Elisabeth from the one that Tina won.