View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 06:00 AM

Default Re: AA early in live freezeout

[ QUOTE ]
ok basically, im beating myself up over this because MP called with KK which i think i could have put him on if i had led the flop for about half the pot and he'd moved in, but i might just be results orientated about the whole thing. i either need reassurance this was standard and i was unfortunate, or that it was quite horrible, because im 50-50 between each really

[/ QUOTE ]

It was definitely not horrible. I think you are losing your chips here no matter what given how much went in the pot preflop and the ragged flop. However, you should try to play onthe flop in such a way as to extract maximum value when you *are* ahead, and I don't think pushing is the way to do it. Make a small bet that looks like a scared QQ or check behind, since a free card is unlikely to hurt you.

Like I said, in this situation, you probably end up getting all the chips in and losing anyway. If you get in the habit of laying down AA on flops like this with that much already in the pot, that's going to cost you more in the long run than the occasional correct "big laydown" is going to make you.