View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Turning a New Leaf

My name is Mike, and i am a pokerholic. I have been hooked since july, and I an entirely different SNG player now (mad props to 2+2=5) than I was merely one month ago, let alone 9 months ago. I read the books, kept the spreadsheets, played the odds, did all that [censored] arguably to a fault. I find my past poker statistics to be amusing, mainly because I kept good notes on my final hands/downfall. I was awful. Over time, I was happy b/c I was calling with statistical advantages in the quality of the hand, quality pot odds, and good reads - but in untimely situations to justify due to the fact that only 3 people make money. Stats sometimes blinded me to noticing the little nuances I made in my game everyday that give me an edge over the average fish and lead me down the long and grueling path to being great at this game. I just wanna be really, really good; cause i love this [censored]. With that said, I trust my gut as to how I am running more than any statistic you can throw at me. Even EV.