View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Should I have backed down?

Thank you for taking your time to respond. This seems somewhat in line with my thought process. Just knowing that this opponent COULD be enough for this player to go aggressive on me seems like enough to eliminate the possibility of folding. I didn't know if this was a valid thought process or not, but it did feel right and your response helps confirm it. The real question that I guess was somewhere in my mind is specifically how should I react. My initial reaction is to launch immediatly into call down mode and see what happens. However, I will be left with 700 or so chips and the pot is over 2000. If he puts me all in on the turn it seems difficult to get out, therefore it feels likely that I am putting all my chips in this pot one way or another. Does this mean that I should push now? Seems like that way I at least have a *chance* that he was refusing to be pushed around and decides to fold when I come back over the top. I haven't been playing all that long and am still somewhat lost, so I expect there to be some flaws in my thinking. Hopefully someone can help, because my biggest SNG problem seems to be determing when to push.