View Single Post
Old 02-13-2003, 12:01 PM

Default Re: I would worry more about...

I'm not saying that it's in any sites best interest to make sure that no one wins. Clearly, that's not the case.

Look, I'm not making any excuses for whether or not I'm winning or losing online. I have already said that I don't think I play as well online for a multitude of reasons that I have explained previously in this post.

I'm basing my judgements on things that I've witnessed in a relatively short period of time while playing online. Anomolies that continue to occur in what I feel is greater than what occurs in an a regular cardroom. I could be wrong - I could be way off - I'm just making an observation on what I've seen.

As it turns out, I'm actually doing OK online. After playing fairly badly for a while I've turned my game around and while I'm still down a few BB's I've come back around. That still doesn't mean that the frequency of freaky stuff that happens makes me feel any better.

Like I said previously, it's interesting to me how so many people viemently defend these unregulated businesses - they would NEVER do anything to even slightly increase their profits. I don't know about you, but when was the last time you heard someone running a business say, "Well, we're making plenty of money..." - especially a business owner who had absolutely ZERO checks and balances.

You can't prove that there's nothing going on any better than I or anyone else can prove there is. Meanwhile, these online gambling sites are laughing all the way to the bank.

Here's just one example. I played for a little less than an hour yesterday at lunch. Just for grins I started taking screen shots of boards and hands that were showing down. I started seeing some weird crap, so I started keeping track of the next 20 hands or so...

Keep in mind, I'm not in most of these. Just observing.

2 hearts on the flop - runner-runner put 4 to a straight on the board.

2d Th 9h Jd Qc

5 players showdown in a monster $20+ pot (this is a $.50/1.00 micro game)

I player has AQ, 1 player has QJ, one player has A6h for the flopped nut flush draw, one player has JT. Basically, a clear example of let's tie 5 people to the flop give them all a legitimate hand and see what happens.

About 3 hands later....

Board shows 8h Th Js As Qh.

One player has KJ for flopped top pair and another has K7h for a strong flush draw. One player makes his straight on the Qh coming down while the other makes his flush. Another monster pot.

2 hands later...

Jc Th 9c Td 7c

J8s ends up taking down the pot - with flopped top pair making his gutshot on the river. Other hands involved - well, ATo makes trips and another guy gets his pocket Kings cracked. Another huge pot.

THE VERY NEXT HAND...

Tc Qd 8h 8s 8c

Hmmm - wonder if the 2 showdown hands have a pair for the full-house?

Of course they do - QJo shows down with JTs. Another huge pot.

2 hands later...

Qd Kh Ah Ts 9d

Not a huge pot - but the winner? JTs for the flopped nuts - other players? Big slick, and QJ. Can we possibly have anymore face cards out at one time?

I'll spare you too many more - but here's one about 3 hands later...

Kd As 6c 10c 5h

A $19.50 pot on a 2 way showdown. You guessed it - one person had QJo for the straight and the other player had pocket T's. So, the same card that gives the guy his straight gives the other player his set.

In a span of those 20 hands - there were 8 straights, 4 flushes (1 flush over flush), 5 not shown down, 1 set and 1 two pair.

A little odd? Maybe.