View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Some $200 sng \"what would you do\" hand quiz\'s

[ QUOTE ]

If the button stays alive, the big stack is virtually guaranteed to win the blinds the following hand, and he may even be able to resuscitate shorty again on the next orbit as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fear I am missing something very important here... [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img].

There are two problematic things I see:

1.Is calling really going to get the SB to fold here more frequently than if Don pushes?

It seemed to me that pushing would make it more likely for the SB to fold (by limping I feel one is very much inviting a SB call as a countermeasure to the big stack just letting hero take the blind)...and getting SB to fold here is the key (as the big stack can keep you alive by letting you have the blinds whether you call or push).

2. (this applies more to big stack theory...and doesn't necessarily impact the decision to call or fold as much)

If the BB lets Don take these blinds then the stacks will be:

1350 - BB
880 - UTG (hero)
580 - Button
7190 - SB

Isn't there a very high chance on this next hand that either Hero or the now new shorty button will go allin? I'm not sure the big stack SB here really gets the chance to open push in a 'virtually guaranteed' manner. How often is the BB really just taking the blinds this hand? 40% or 60% of the time (this doesn't necessarily seem more profitable than just calling shorty to begin with)?

Okay, so if the big stack does take the blind then the next hand will look like this:

1050 - SB
880 - BB (hero)
580 - UTG
7640 - Button

Is shorty really going to fold here a large portion of the time (after folding on the button last hand)? After this hand the other two stacks will make sure shorty in the BB will get knocked out I assume so I'm not sure how the big stack can keep shorty alive for future stealing (I'm also not sure how many chips there will be to steal since everyone is getting very short). I guess if the big stack can take the blinds in this hand as well, then the original fold (to keep Don alive) may be worth it. But I guess I'm not seeing how taking the blinds on both hands will happen often enough to warrant the original fold to Don.

Yugoslav