View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Re: Please help Analyze my stats (3036 hands)

Your (playing style) stats look very similar to mine.. I'm still happy with the results after 30k hands, too. However, I am currectly improving my game:
- more preflop raising
this includes
a) bigger raises from position to eliminate more limpers (this is something I cannot see from your stats)
b) raises with marginal and even speculative hands against certain types of opponents (rocks etc)

Although my (and your?) playing style works well at 25 and 50 I have had some trouble winning as much when the tables get tighter and stronger and the when the Party stacks got deeper. That's when I noticed I need to make some adjustments..

In summary, I think these stats show you're having a good start, playing good solid poker, and whatever adjustments you might wanna do (loosen up, raise more etc.) is pretty much up to you later. There's no *hurry* to force any changes into a style that is currently a winning one.

Btw, disregard the "sample size is too small" posts. That is true as far as RESULTS are concerened. However, results are based on your playing style and if one of those guys is saying you cannot say what your real VPIP or PFR etc. are after 3k hands, he doesn't know what he's talking about, he just think it's cool to say "the sample size is too small". Resultwise you will get more reliable stats after about 15-30k hands, and depending on your variance (or standard deviation).

Edit: By the way, my post flop aggression is definitely higher. I'm not saying it should be higher, or even implying. I just said it is so.. This could be due to a) you like to slowplay more than I do (call with sets, 2 prs etc) and just call down bluffers or b) you really might wanna bet or raise somewhat more often, how are the aggr stats on every individual street?