View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: OK grunch..this is proper aggresive??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop is a raise or fold situation. Personally I like the fold, but with a backdoor flush, a gutshot, and an overcard, I'm sure peeling one off can't be too wrong if at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it really isn't. Folding for one bet here is terrible. You have an overcard, a gutshot, and a backdoor nut flush draw. If you discount your overcard and bdfd, you still have the odds to make this call.

I don't like raising this flop either. UTG's bet into a preflop raiser means he might have something, and you're getting 3-bet and bet into on the turn too often, imo, to make this play worthwhile. Everyone else, though, is right by saying if you do choose to raise this flop you HAVE to check through on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll 1up you on the flop play, even if you ignore the overcard, bdfd you still easily call this flop bet getting 11.4/1 on a rainbow board

I'm not sure which is better calling or raising here, since you have the backdoor draw and potential A outs, i think the raise is better, as you don't hate a 3bet as much as you would if you only had the gutshot

but please check the turn, you ain't taking it down on the spot