View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 11:20 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default nice post...let me add...if i may

i think any good or aspiring player will be part psycho-analyst. it's to a poker players advantage to know why a player thinks the way he does about a given situation...and many times similar situations off the table play out the same way...

many good poker players dont psycho-analyze to show off, or to show malice or anything...

they do it out of habit.

it comes with the part about not just knowing the plays, but why one plays a certain way...and since usually the good players are using this info to bludgeon opponents, on here it can be used to help fellow players...

and since this is a poker forum, there's nothing wrong with a poster maybe digging to find out why one plays a hand a certain way. his thought process....or why they may be in a rut. sometimes the rut could be an end result of factors
outside the game...

just answering posts as if they were just totally generic doesnt help the poster as much as if he looks a little deeper into his own game. and learns why he may be playing a certain way...

anyone can look into a book and give a generic answer to a typical question on a hand we've all seen/been in 1000s of times...but if it's a tailored answer, it should help even more...

once in a while ill guess about a players style or what he may do on certain streets, based on how he comments on plays. not to insult him/her, but to maybe have them stop and look a little more into the innerworkings of their games...

however, it can be a delicate situations depending on the poster. i answered a post awhile back, and took a shot at how the poster may see certain hands based on his comments he wrote. on the surface it didnt have much to do with his hand in question. i thought i may have dug too deep with my response after i sent it...BUT, i figured, screw it....it's on there...ill explain and rectify should a situation occur...

luckily, he took it the right way, and he saw something to look into as far as a different aspect of his game that he initially didnt think about at the time...

he couldve took it the wrong way....

i have no comment on the situation that this thread is built on...

have a good one...

b