Thread: MLB 4/3
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 08:59 AM

Default Re: MLB 4/3

To me the opening day board looks pretty crappy. Then again I put a lot of emphasis on current form making the early days of the season more challenging. Therefore early on I take more of a macro approach based on last season.

I'm making 2 small, high percentage type plays today primarily based on last years performances and records. Maybe laying a little more juice than I like but the prices look like they have some edge.

Tampa Bay +1.5 runs at -145 over Toronto
Toronto only won 50 games by more than one run last year. That's only 31% of their games last season. TB either won or lost by only one 89 times or 55% of the time. I'm not sold that Halladay is back 100% yet and the loss of Delgado is a huge chunk of the Jays offense. I see some value here.

Minnesota +1.5 runs -215 over Seattle
I love winning teams plus runs coupled with losing teams minus runs. Seattle only won 43 games by more than one run last year. That's a dismal 26% of the time! Minny won or only lost by one 108 times or 66% of the time. -215 is a lot to lay but I think it covers more often than that.

I think both of the plays have some edge, hopefully they will come in for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]