View Single Post
Old 04-04-2005, 01:11 AM

Default My preflop \"grey areas\"

Hey guys, I have been following the SSH tight charts (Someone made a great excel chart) pretty strictly for my preflop game. I do deviate a little, here’s some areas I think may be less than ideal:

-Open raise KJo and higher in MP, even though I’m almost certain a passive in LP or the blinds will call. (So little chance of a blind steal)

-Fold any PP up to 77 if it’s been folded to me regardless of position. 99 I will open raise in MP and TT in EP.

-I almost never play little broadways (JTo-KTo, QJo) unless I’m in LP and then if there are at least 2 callers.

-Cold call with KQs, AQs-ATs, AQo and 99-JJ in any position.

-Small suited connectors I play rarely. I don’t see many spots to play them well (unraised pot with 3+ callers in LP) JTs I will likely limp with just 2.

-Limp A7s+ from MP if there is at least 1 other caller. Suited kings I generally do not play.

Any spots that can use improvement? I’m trying to raise my VPIP, it’s at about 15%. In most situations I will tend to fold borderline hands (KTo, 88, A7s) if there is only 1 other person in the pot, should I play these hands more? (and possibly raise them) I'm also going to limp all pocket pairs from EP, hopefully that will help a little.

Thanks