View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 04:34 PM

Default Re: OK JR, explain yourself

Rick,

First of all, no need to apologize, you saved me money and it spends just as well as the money I win. I was surprised at the showdown to see your hand simply because it didn’t seem strong enough to warrant the pre-flop 3-bet. You flopped 2 pair so the flop 3 bet is absolutely correct. If you had shown me everyone’s hands pre-flop I would have been thrilled at your 3-bet. My KK looked pretty good against AQ and your A3s with only 2 aces left for you guys. When the Ace flopped I bet out just in case it was QQ and JJ I was against, your 3-bet convinced me to fold much cheaper than I would have heads up for example.

You asked what I was thinking during the hand. I raised and got cod called. When a decent player cold calls I think pair or big Ace, same as I do when they raise. When you 3-bet I put you on AK or TT, JJ, QQ with a small chance of AA (I won’t believe that until the turn and I still won’t fold). I capped it with the intention of betting the flop no matter what. The Ace flops with two little cards and I’m pretty sure I’m toast, but if I check a good player will bet anyway and I’ll never know, so I bet. I’m raised and 3-bet so I Know I’m behind with 2 outs to catch up. It’s an easy fold now.

I had lost with KK the hand before as well when two aces flopped and I thought someone was putting a move on me so I pumped it and of course saw A6 I think. The very next hand I got AKs and had to fold it on the flop when rags flopped.

Pick one or two hands a night to post where you found yourself faced with a hard decision. I used to do this a lot and although you will receive conflicting answers, you will begin to develop a philosophy for playing certain types of hands.