View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 01:31 AM

Default PP $1/2 - Now I remember why I don\'t play online...

So, I buy in to the PP $1/2 game and I'm getting killed with a run of hole cards that I'd gladly take to the final table at the WSOP main event.

Anyway, here's a couple hands from later in the session - I forgot to grab hand histories from a couple others but these 2 pretty much say it all.

These 2 hands were about 5 apart and all the players so far seem pretty reasonable. Nothing strange has happened that would make me think anyone I'm in a hand with at this point is out of line. I'm playing my usual tight and aggressive game, but not having much luck...

Hand 1:

I'm UTG+4 with TdTc.

UTG +1 and +2 call and UTG +3 raises. I decide to bump it up here and knock the blinds out and get this thing shorthanded - hopefully 3 way or less.

All fold to the original raiser who calls. It's heads up.

*** FLOP *** : [ 8c 9c Js ]

Not a bad flop for me - could be worse... UTG checks, I bet and he calls.

*** TURN *** : [ 8c 9c Js ] [ Ac ]

Didn't really want to see the Ace, but I can't slow down now if he checks to me??

He checks, I bet, he calls.

*** RIVER *** : [ 8c 9c Js Ac ] [ 5c ]

I'm not sure what to think at this point. I'm not sure what the guy is on here - I'm hoping he missed his draw and that he doesn't have any clubs higher than my Tc.

He checks, I bet and he check-raises me.

At this point I'm sure he has a bigger flush than me but make a crying call.

Thoughts?

Hand 2:

Same table just a couple hands later...I'm on the button and get AdKd.

2 limpers to me and I raise.

The blinds call as do the 2 limpers. 4 to see the flop.

*** FLOP *** : [ Ac Kc Jd ]

Not bad for me. blinds check to the UTG player who bets. I call as does UTG. The more I think about this - I should have raised here. I'm not sure why I didn't though. I was sure I had the best hand at the time - but for sure should have raised it here...ugh.

*** TURN *** : [ Ac Kc Jd ] [ Qd ]

Why do I play this game? Can my opponents possibly have any better draws against me when I flop 2 pair with big slick.

I wanna see where I'm at here. BB checks, UTG bets and I raise. Both call. sheesh!!!

*** RIVER *** : [ Ac Kc Jd Qd ] [ 9h ]

BB checks, UTG bets, and I raise again here. Once again, not sure why - I guess I was just cranked that I had just played 2 hours and had been dealt starting hands we all dream about and hadn't won a single hand. I know I'm beat when they both call behind me...

Flame away!