View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Making 15k a month to losing everything I have in world...

I think I have to agree with Jeff here.

you went on a losing streak and then moved UP to 100/200 to try to get it back? not a good idea (but you know this now I supposed).

People ask me how I can possibly play poker for a living?? What about the stress of not making enough money to pay the bills, etc.

I ALWAYS have the mind-set that if my bank-roll gets to a certain point I can always just go back to the real work-universe (which I may do at some point anyway if I feel like it).
I also have the mind-set that if I go on a losing stretch at 15/30 that I can always go back to 5/10. If I'm not cutting it at 5/10 then I will probably need to step back to 3/6...and then to multi-tabling 2/4 and bonus-chasing, etc etc.

For your bank-roll to be at ZERO is really something.
If you were still playing at 100/200 when you were down to your last $10k or so (50BB's) and just sat there as it went down to zero then you really need to re-analyze.

Obviously I don't know if this is what you did.....but I sense it is a possibility.

To answer your question more to your satisfaction you may wish to consult Homer's thread on 'building a bankroll for newbies'. But this probably isn't as fast as you're hoping to build your bankroll.

If you're looking for a sure-fire way to quadruple-up your $9000 quickly with little risk...well....there isn't any.
If you want to stay in poker then you need to play within your limits. If playing within your limits will not allow you to pay all of your expenses then you'll either need to work that much harder OR you'll need to get a job.