View Single Post
Old 02-10-2003, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Amazing Quadruple Check-Raise in 30-60 (long)

My thoughts exactly. Why not 4 bet it on each street they 3 bet you? You raised..pre flop... they called. They check to you on flop you bet...check raise , check raise and you should cap it here. Then a blank on the turn and they will check it again and you bet. Now if they check raise you again then I don't know what they are staying with. But I would just call since you may be up against a set from both of them. But that didn't happen. I think you have to 4 bet the flop, because you need to see if they are just trying to push you off your hand. I have seen people do this by regulars at a 20-40 game that I was watching and pushing people off hands. If you just call then you may be giving them more reason to draw out on you when your already getting the best of it. I like to pound pound pound until people show me otherwise or until I get a feeling that I should slow down and just call. But like this forum and 2+2 books say, your better off raising or folding rather than just calling in alot of situations. But there are times to just call it down. This however I don't think is one of them. Especially on the Flop. You need to 4 bet the flop.

Ed S.