View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: 5/10 nl game problem putting button on a hand

I scrolled down and saw the stack sizes but please remember to include them and any relevant reads or info in your posts.

The villain could have anything. He could have AK/AA/KK/QQ, KQ (less likely)/JJ (less likely) or many other hands if he is loose or if you are tight and he thinks he can take the pot away from you with position.

If you have been tight or have show a propensity for being able to lay down big hands and if the villain is a player then his range of hands is huge. Your hand is pretty well defined here and he might use the fact that he knows that you know that he knows what you have in order to play you off of your hand.

Against a 'non-player' (ie multitabler, rock, or unimaginative player) I think you are behind KK often, against an idiot (self explanitory) you will see AK a lot more often, and against a 'player' you could be against anything.

Without reads it is hard to determine what you should do on the flop. I have a problem with just giving up on AA because you got called on teh flop when your hand was definied but I also have a problem with losing my stack with unimproved aces. I look forward to other responses.

Both of the hands that you have posted this weekend have been thought provoking, keep up the good posts.

-Steve