View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 12:13 PM

Default The Grand is grand.

My wife and I went down to the Grand so I could play a little.

I got on the 4-8 and the 1-2 NL list and the 4-8 opened up first.

The table was like most down there. A few extremely loose ones and a tight one or two. I played pretty tight for the first hour or so trying to get respect as a tight one.

I raised with AQ, TT, and AK and won 2 of those pots. (I realize this is pretty vague). I started to think I could use this tightness as an advantage. I raised on the button with 35h. All 6 callers called the raise. The flop was 3-5-J...rainbow. Long story short was a 4 came on the river and A-4 who called all the way down got his straight. I guess he's as dumb, I mean as samrt as me right?

So I'm in the small blind and decide that no matter what I'm calling. Well I looked at a Q and decided to keep the other card a mystery. The BB raised it and another guy raised him to 12. Then a lady raised it to 16. That was when I decided to look at my other card and it was just as pretty as the first. So I called. The others folded back to the 3rd raiser. He raised it to 20. She called and I called. I was thinking I was in 2nd place at that time. The flop came Q-9-3. I was movin on up! I cehecked-he bet-she raised-I called-he raised-she called -I called. The turn brought a 2nd heart and it was a J. I bet-he raised-she folded - I called. The river brought another 3! So unless this joker had pocket 3's I win. I checked - he bet - I raised - he called. He showed his pocket aces and the woman said that's what she had too.

After 4 hours of play I won 342.

The 1-2 NL spot didn't open up for 3 friggin hours.So I passed.