Thread: Good slowplay?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Good slowplay?

I think you either mistyped what your holding is or what the board is (or I cant read) cuz you dont have bottom pair on this flop.

If you do have bottom pair I HATE this play. I hate it more than I hate liver and onions. You describe the table as passive, they dont bet their draws, but they are going to take a shot at you on the turn??? This is horrible. for starters, passive people dont take shots, when they do they dont call raises. But most importantly, you have bottom frickin pair!!, there arent any turn cards you are going to want to see, and there are what, 50 people in this hand? This isnt a good slowplay, this is a good way to give free cards that will beat you. I dont have my HEFAP in front of me, but im pretty sure it talks about having a strong hand, and few people in the pot, when you decide to do it. Youve got neither here.

I think you are trying to be waaaay to fancy, especiall will all these slowplays. Play your hands straight forward, your win rate will thank me.

edited to reflect your edit of the hand.....the rest of my comments remain the same....oh and you have BB, when I think you mean the button