View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: 5/10 Hand (Boring Title; Interesting Hand)

I don't like the line that the hero took on this hand.

Flop- I would raise to 90 sometimes, but other times I would just call. I would raise more often than call but believe either play is correct.

Turn- I would 3 bet here (to 500 - 650 straight) nearly every time. Playing against the BB who saw a free flop you can obviously be against any two. True, the villain may have 67 or a set but when he does it is nice to have those 13 outs to improve. I think that it is more common however that you will be against a smaller two pair or some kind of one pair+draw hand and against both you want to be raising.

River - Given the way that it panned out, I really don't like the check behind. With the action as it stands I have the villain on a weak 2 pair, a pair of 10s or 8s with a missed draw, or 67. I don't think that he would go for a double check raise with a set or 67 (although it is possible with the 67) but then again I don't think he would really be checking 2 pair here either (although it would make sense if he thought you would bet/raise him here and feared the same set/straight that you fear.) Because I don't think that he will call much with a 1 pair hand I would bet 300 on the end and fold to a raise. I think that he would call this with 2 pair (and maybe a set) but would raise with the straight. If he was ballsey enough to try a double check raise bluff then the pot is deservedly his.

How often will someone bluff a missed flush draw after they get check raised on the turn? I don't think that it is frequent enough for the villain to go for a double check-raise here.

-Steve