View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Why aren\'t there online qualifiers for non-main-event WSOP?

I would like to see them too, but there are some things that I think are going to hold them back from offering them...

The first being that most of the other events are in the $1500 to $2500 buy-in range. Most people are going to expect travel and accommidation to be covered too as they have come to expect with all the $10K sats, but this means that for many of these, the travel and accommidation costs are going to be nearly equal to the buy-in. This is not going to be as attractive to the lottery minded player that tends to drive the number of entrants in the sats.

The second is that many of the popular sites are going to say something like this "The buy-in is pretty low for many of our customers, they do not need a sat to enter". Which I personally think is bunk. Who in their right poker mind would not want to win a sat than buy-in directly!

The last is that I do not think many players online today even know that there are a total of 45 events with only 2 of those not open to the public. More are likely aware after last years ESPN coverage, but it is going to take time to get the "message" out there.

Email your favorite site and ask, that is about all we can do at this point.