View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Trouble finding a profitable game...

I just recently started playing $2/4 at Party and the pot averages have certainly not been $10 average. That said, you can't go solely on Party's calculation of the average pot size; this stat probably lags the true value and if there is a large waiting list, it is probably half TAGs that will kill the average pot size by the time you sit down.

My strategy for selecting tables at $2/4 is first to check and see where my "buddies" are playing. If they're not around (or if there aren't 4 good tables with buddies), then I sort by average pot size and look for one near the top with a fairly short waiting list (like maybe 6 vs. 15+ for the hotly contested tables). That way, I get to playing more quickly and there are likely to be fewer good players ahead of me in the queue, and I haven't given up much in terms of average pot size.

Another tip I can give you is to spend some time at Party $1/2 full and learn to make a good profit at a table of weakt-tight nits [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]