View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Re: redsox on opening day.... sunday +180 !!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought the Sox would be +200 at least. Wells is one of Boston's worst starters. I'd stay away from this one...

[/ QUOTE ]

yea.......... wells is definitly over matched... but redsox yankees games are mostly always close. and i have bet on the redsox on opening day for the last 4 or 5 years.... (lost them all) so i have to! haha. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

They've lost them all? Well, they are due, so they must win this one! Haha...

I am a Sox fan too, living on the border (CT) between Red Sox Nation and the Evil Empire. Been trying to make bets with a friend at work (a Yankee fan) on Sox-Yanks props the last couple weeks, but he seems unwilling to take the atrocious odds the Yanks are getting on almost everything. In fact, he seems to only want to make even odds bets. Why bet even money on the Sox to top the Yanks in the AL East when I can get 3.5 to 1 elsewhere?

We finally settled on a couple even money bets. I bet against the Yankees to win the AL Pennant (I think I'm robbing him here), and I bet under 10 wins for the Yankees in the season series against the Sox (19 games, we split if Yanks win 10-9). I think the 2nd bet might even favor him since the Yankees are likely to take a lead in the series the first 2 series with 2 Johnson starts and Schilling/Miller out.

He wanted to bet on the opening series too, but no agreement there.