View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 10:00 AM

Default OT: You know that Poker is taking over when...

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] You know that Poker is taking over your life when you...
<ul type="square">[*]start to make every decision based on its EV; "Not taking my girlfriend out on our anniversary is -EV... -EsexV."[*]have read your copy of TOP more times than you have read the Bible.[*]use Poker terminology inappropriately; "Darling, can I straddle your muck with my flop?"[*]shout "That's soooo unrealistic!" at the television at least three times during every episode of 'Tilt'.[*]refer to that annoying whiner at work as 'Hellmuth'.[/list][img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] You know that you've been bonus whoring too long when you...
<ul type="square"> [*]get a tear in your eye when you recall the first time you read Homer's 'Building a bankroll (For newbies)' thread.[*]find a new reload bonus thread in the Zoo, discover it's a 'false alarm' then scream at your monitor and start imagining ways of torturing the OP.[*]are contacted by NETeller because they are concerned about the number of transactions going through your account.[*]have so many different Poker client icons on your desktop that you can't see the wallpaper.[/list][img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] You know that you've been playing Internet Poker too long when you...
<ul type="square">[*]come out in a cold sweat at the thought of playing B&amp;M where you won't have your beloved PT stats.[*]get a hard on over your Excel 'BB / No. hands' graph.[*]can't stop speaking in acronyms even at the B&amp;M; "vnh .... err, I mean very nice hand."[/list][img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] You know that your multi-tabling is starting to get out of hand when you...
<ul type="square">[*]wish they'd hurry up and manufacture monitors with a resolution of 3200x2400 pixels.[*]notice your 'Fold/Call/Raise' buttons are so small and you have so little time to act that it's 50/50 whether you actually click on the button you were aiming for.[*]get so bored 'one tabling' at the B&amp;M that you have to imagine playing at eleven other tables just to stay awake.[/list][img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] You know that you've been hanging out in the 'Home Poker' forum too much when you...
<ul type="square">[*]are planning to spend all of your Poker winnings on 1500 Paulson's with custom inlays.[*]spend an hour per week rubbing mineral oil on your chips.[*]are aroused by double-edge spots and blow your load over custom molds.[/list][img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] You know that you've been hanging out in the 'Micro-Limit' forum too much when you...
<ul type="square">[*]have typed "I play it the same" more times than you've had sex.[*]find yourself saying "Do you see why?" and "I'll let others elaborate" in everyday conversations.[*]have the bankroll to move up to 2/4 but are postponing it because you don't want to leave 'the gang'.[/list][img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] You know that you've been reading the 2+2 forums too long when you...
<ul type="square">[*]continually annoy your friends with the phrase "you need to get out of the kiddie pool and start making some moves!"[*]still occasionally tut and shake your head when you remember the debate between Lee Jones and Ed Miller that could have been but never was.[*]shout the phrase "I value call my nutz!" at every conceivable opportunity.[*]wish you were All State 1995.[/list]Feel free to add more [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]