View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Is this considered \"rude\"?

I don't regard it as rude, exactly. If I don't want to listen to what you're saying, I can always turn off chat.

Related to what you were saying ... I was playing at PokerStars a few days ago and I'd only just sat down when the guy sitting 'next' to me, announced 'AA - watch me get sucked out.' As it turned out, he DID have AA, and he didn't get sucked out. After dragging the pot, he said, "I always lose with AA'. I said something encouraging, like, "Yeah, me too." Then he said, "I always announce it." Twenty minutes later he said, "4 please," which I took to mean he was holding pocket 4's. I was holding AA and had just raised. The flop came 4 - 4 - something. He said, "WOW!" and I folded. He got some action from two others, but eventually won the pot, having flopped quads. Who needs GameTime?

(The pot he won could have been so much bigger. I had AA, and the two who carried on - I can only assume they either had their chat turned off, or didn't believe him - had KK and QQ. Between us, we could have built quite a pot.)